Upcoming events and contributions
- “Spot on Neglected Function Systems. Challenging Capitalism by Systemic Constellations”, accepted paper to the 2013 Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Lake Buena Vista, August 9-13, 2013.
Past events and contributions
- Co-Chair of the 6th International Conference on Indicators and Concepts of Innovation on “Sustainability of Innovation, Innovation of Sustainability” in Friedrichshafen, Nov 22-23, 2012. Corresponding chair: André Reichel, Zeppelin University Friedrichshafen.
- Co-Chair of the Workshop ‘Reflecting Societies: Markets in Transition’, OSI and Soros Foundations Network meeting in Yerevan, January 25-26, 2011. Partners: Arthur Atenasyan, Arsen Bobokhyan and Hasmik Khalapyan, Yerevan State University.
- Co-Chair of the 4. International Conference on Indicators and Concepts of Innovation on “The Technological Dimension of Innovation” in Stuttgart, October 7-8, 2010. Partners: André Reichel and Lukas Scheiber, University of Stuttgart.
- Co-Chair of the Workshop on “Identity and Organization” at the Congress of the Swiss Sociological Association in Geneva, September 7-9, 2009. Partner: Lukas Scheiber, University of Stuttgart.
- Co-Chair of the 3. International Conference on Indicators and Concepts of Innovation on “The Social Dimension of Innovation” in Prague, October 1-2, 2009. Corresponding chair: Karel Müller, Charles University Prague.
- Co-Chair of the Session on “Open Innovation, Closed Societies” at the 39th IIS World Congress of the International Institute of Sociology in Yerevan, July 11-14, 2009 . Partner: Jari Kaivo-oja, Turku School of Economics.
- Founding Chair of the International Conference on Indicators and Concepts of Innovation on “Non-Technological and Non-Economic Innovations and Their Impact on Economy” in Bern, July 1-2, 2008.
- “Finding Your Place in Academia” (January 2013), workshop series attended at the 4th EURAM Early Career Colloquium, Vaduz.
- ‘The German Research Environment’ (December 2010), presented at the road show of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) on ‘Research in Germany’, Yerevan.
- “Current and prospective publication strategies of OSF partner institutions (October 2010), workshop organized at the Cross-Regional Discipline Group Meeting, Open Society Foundations International Higher Education Support Program, Fethiye
- “Post-normal science and its ethical aspects” (Mai 2010), presentation at the Altonaer Stiftung für Philosophische Grundlagenforschung, Hamburg.
- “Beyond the pro-innovation bias. On consequences of innovation” (Mai 2010), workshop attended at the Hanken School of Economics, Helsinki.
- “The markets of society and the markets of organization”, presentation at the workshop “Post-normal science and its ethical aspects” (2009), Altonaer Stiftung für Philosophische Grundlagenforschung, Hamburg.
- Innovation expert in the ‘Boosting African R&D: growing stronger, going global’ think tank at the ‘Science with Africa’ Conference 2008 of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UN-ECA), Addis Ababa, 2008.
- “Bringing society back in market: Why market sociology is no subset of economic sociology”. Presented at the ESA Social Theory RN 29 Conference 2008 on “Social Theory and the Sociological Discipline(s)”, Innsbruck.
- “The markets of society: A research design on trans-economic exchange rates”. Paper presented at the First ISA Forum 2008, Barcelona.
- “How far can crowdsourcing go? On benefits and limits of joint open innovation projects between Russia and the European Union”, presented at the International Seminar Program on the ‘Cooperation between Russian and EU Country Scientists in Social Sciences and Humanities’ of the Russian Academy of Sciences 2008 in Moscow.
- “Drei Märkte Innovation”, presented at the ISInova-Workshop “Bestimmungsfaktoren für Innovation – Indikatoren, Berwertungen und Konzepte” 2007, Halle an der Saale.
- “Using a thesaurus to find your ideal workmate”, presented at the Conference Personal Construct Psychology in Business Context (PCPBC 2006), Chemnitz.
- “Generative incubators” (with Tino Vordank), presented at the International Conference on Entrepreneurship Research (IECER 2006), Regensburg.
- “How many networks are we to manage?” (with Matthias Meyer), presented at the Conference Economics and Management of Networks (EMNET 2005), Budapest.