Prof. Dr. Dr. Steffen RothAssociate Professor of Strategic Management, La Rochelle Business School, France, and Professor of Sociology, Faculty of Sociology, Yerevan State University, Armenia. Email: Click
Further Affiliations and Missions
- External Expert (Remote, CR, Panel), European Commission (H2020), Belgium, as of 2016
- Visiting Professor, Rabat Business School, International University of Rabat, Morocco, 2012-2017
- Assistant Professor of Management and Organization, ESC Rennes School of Business, France, 2012-2016
- Visiting Professor, University of Cagliari, Faculty of Economics, Italy, 2012
- Visiting Professor, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy, Denmark, 2012
- Permanent Visiting Associate Professor, Faculty of Sociology, Yerevan State University, Armenia, 2011-2016
- Senior Researcher, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland, Switzerland, 2011-2012
- Academic Fellow, Open Society Institute and Soros Foundations Network AFP International Scholar, Armenia, 2010-2011
- Visiting Professor, Yerevan State University, Department of Sociology, Armenia, 2010-2011
- Research Assistant, Department of Business Administration Studies, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland, 2007-2010
- Research Assistant, Faculty of Economics, Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany, 2004-2007.
- Docteur ès sciences économiques et sociales mention sociologie (PhD in Sociology). Mentor: Prof. Sandro Cattacin, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Geneva. Jury de Thèse: Prof. Lucio Baccaro, University of Geneva; Prof. Linda McKie, University of Durham; Prof. Karel Müller, Charles University Prague. Defended September 28, 2013
- Doctor rerum politicarum (PhD in Economics and Management). Mentor: Prof. Manfred Moldaschl, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Chemnitz University of Technology. Defended April 27, 2010
- Diplom in Soziologie (traditional MA-equivalent German Diploma in Sociology). Mentors: Prof. Ditmar Brock, Prof. Günter Voss, Faculty of Humanities, Chemnitz University of Technology. Awarded September 30, 2002
- Associate Editor, Kybernetes [SCI .881, Scopus, ABS]
- Member of the Editorial Board, Cybernetics and Human Knowing [ERA]
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board, Journal of Enterprising Communities [SSCI-ESCI, Scopus .54]
- Member of the Editorial Board, International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable Development [VHB] (2010-2017)
- Member of the Editorial Board, International Journal of Technology and Human Interaction [FNEGE] (2014-2016)
- Reviewer for Organization, Culture and Organization, Popular Communication, Journal of Sociocybernetics, M@n@gement, Foundations of Science, International Review of Administrative Sciences, Systemic Practice and Action Research, and Innovation: The European Journal of Social Science Research.
- Founding member of the Big Data Excellence Centre at Kazimiero Simonavičiaus University in Vilnius, Lithuania.
- Member of the International Academic Advisory Board of the New Research on Digital Societies (NERDS) research center at Kozminski Univeristy in Warsaw, Poland.
- Member of the European Sociological Association (RN29 Social Theory and RN36 Sociology of Transformations: East and West), France.
- Mentor of the EURAM Early Career Network and Member of the European Academy of Management (EURAM), Belgium.
- Member of the Gesellschaft der Freunde der Technischen Universität Chemnitz, Germany.
- Member of the Forschungskolleg Gesellschaft und Kontingenz, Berlin, Germany.
Awards and prizes
- Swiss Open Innovation Award 2015, sponsored by Atizo360°, for 161 rewarded product and business model innovation ideas.
- 1st prize (EUR 1000), N-Kompass iChallenge, German business magazine Querdenker Magazin, 2015.
- 2nd & 3rd prize (EUR 400 plus consulting budget), business-plan competition of the Saxonian entrepreneurship network SAXEED, 2005.
- 2nd & 5th prize (DM 1000), marketing competition of the Chemnitz City Marketing, 2001.
- Literary award of the Literaturforum im Brecht-Haus Berlin, 2001.
- Please see ‘Teaching‘
- German | mother tongue
- English | Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- French | Attestation CEF B2
- Armenian | basic knowledge