Invited panels and presentations
- Speaker at the CityU Workshop on Computational Approaches to Big Data in the Social Sciences and Humanities, Hong Kong City University, June 6, 2016.
- Panelist of the panel “Social Dimension of Innovation” at the think.BDPST conference, Corvinus University of Budapest, March 8-10, 2016. Video record available at youtube.
Selected chairs, co-chairs, and panels
- International co-chair of the OB/OT track at the 46th Annual Atlantic Schools of Business Conference, St. Mary’s University, Halifax, October 21-23, 2016.
- Corresponding Chair of the T 14_01 Next Management Theory track at the 16th Annual EURAM Conference, Université Paris-Est Créteil, June 1-4, 2016.
- Co-Organiser of the Luhmann-Conference Conflicting Systems – Observed With Social Systems Theory, Inter University Center Dubrovnik, September 14-19, 2015. Partner: Gorm Harste, Aarhus University.
- Chair of the Systemic Management and Management Theory Group meeting, 15th Annual EURAM Conference, Kozminski University Warsaw, June 17-20, 2015.
- Co-Chair of the 6th International Conference on Indicators and Concepts of Innovation on “Sustainability of Innovation, Innovation of Sustainability” in Friedrichshafen, Nov 22-23, 2012. Corresponding chair: André Reichel, Zeppelin University Friedrichshafen.
- Co-Chair of the Workshop on Identity and Organization at the Congress of the Swiss Sociological Association in Geneva, September 7-9, 2009. Partner: Lukas Scheiber, University of Stuttgart.
- Co-Chair of the 3. International Conference on Indicators and Concepts of Innovation on “The Social Dimension of Innovation” in Prague, October 1-2, 2009. Corresponding chair: Karel Müller, Charles University Prague.
- Co-Chair of the Session on Open Innovation, Closed Societies at the 39th IIS World Congress of the International Institute of Sociology in Yerevan, July 11-14, 2009. Partner: Jari Kaivo-oja, Turku School of Economics.
Selected attendances and presentations
- Management as hacking. Prototype of a viral research program for next organizations, paper to the 16th Annual EURAM Conference, Université Paris-Est Créteil, June 1-4, 2016. Best paper nominee (14 General Conference Track).
- Interfunctional business models. Map grid for an uncharted quadrant of the blue ocean, paper to the 16th Annual EURAM Conference, Université Paris-Est Créteil, June 1-4, 2016; and to the CBE Research Seminar Series at the American University of Armenia, Yerevan, April 22, 2016.
- Growth and function. A viral research program for deconomized organizations, paper to the Luhmann-Conference , the Luhmann-Conference Conflicting Systems – Observed With Social Systems Theory, Inter University Center Dubrovnik, September 14-19, 2015.
- Paradox, tetralemma, un-/certainty. A form-theoretical call for the re-gamification of management and organization, paper to the General Conference Track Theory, Complexity, and Management Science at the 15th Annual EURAM Conference, Kozminski University Warsaw, June 17-20, 2015.
- Before Method. Research and the design of surprise, workshop input and moderation at the 6th EURAM Early Career Colloquium, Jagiellonian University of Krakow, February 11-13, 2015.
- Academic respondent at the Critical Management Studies PhD conference, School of Management, University of Leicester, September 16-17, 2014.
- Function and systemic constellations and The 10 systems, papers to the 27th Conference of the Nordic Sociological Association, University of Lund, August 14-16, 2014.
- Market deforms. On intervention in the consociation with non-members, paper to the 30th EGOS Colloquium, Sub-theme: Challenging Change, University of Rotterdam, July 3-5.
- From degrowth to regrowth. On growth strategies for post-banausic societies, paper to the Ephemera Conference “Organizing for the post-growth economy”, Copenhagen Business School, May 7-9, 2014.
- 5th EURAM Early Career Colloquium, University of Alméria, January 29-February 1, 2014.
- The Unpopular Function. Testing the Economization of Society Hypothesis Against a Google Ngram View of Trends in Functional Differentiation (1800-2000), paper presented at the 7th International Days of Statistics and Economics, University of Economics, Prague, September 19-21, 2013.
- The Multifunctional Organization. Two Cases for a Critical Update for Research Programs in Organization, paper presented at the 8th EIASM Colloquium on Organizational Change and Development, Vlerick Business School, Ghent, September 12-13, 2013.
- Spot on Neglected Function Systems. Challenging Capitalism by Systemic Constellations, paper to the PDW Degrowth, Capitalism and the Role of Business at the 2013 Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Lake Buena Vista, August 9-13, 2013.
- 4th EURAM Early Career Colloquium, Vaduz, January 30 – February 1, 2013.
- “The German Research Environment” (December 2010), presented at the road show of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) on ‘Research in Germany’, Yerevan.
- “How far can crowdsourcing go? On benefits and limits of joint open innovation projects between Russia and the European Union”, presented at the International Seminar Program on the ‘Cooperation between Russian and EU Country Scientists in Social Sciences and Humanities’ of the Russian Academy of Sciences 2008 in Moscow.
- Innovation expert in the ‘Boosting African R&D: growing stronger, going global’ think tank at the ‘Science with Africa’ Conference 2008 of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UN-ECA), Addis Ababa, 2008.